Sunday, August 15, 2010

D is for DESSERT!

I have no good reason for not visiting D Bar earlier. I knew it existed and had even seen the massive waiting line spilling out on to the sidewalk. But why didn’t I stop?! No problem. That’s over with and I can now say D Bar is currently at the top of my Denver dining list.


Why, you may ask, am I using an entire blog entry for one restaurant? Because the D in D Bar stands for DESSERT. Normally I don’t really like places that are total scenes where you wait a really long time for something you can get at several other places in town, but D Bar doesn’t feel like that at all. It’s definitely a bit of a scene but because they have a large patio, great staff, and the evening was warm, I didn’t mind waiting 30 minutes on 17th street sidewalk with white wine in hand. I also had a lovely dinner date ;)


I suggest going not only for dessert but also for dinner. The plates are small, the flavors rich and deep, and the sweets more than large enough for sharing. Our party of three ordered D Bar Dates, The Monika, Wraptastic, and Kobe Sliders. Uh. May. ZING. Seriously. The best dinner out I have had in quite some time.

Knowing it could only get better, we then successfully finished off a Rhuberry!, Cake and Shake, and some sort of Souflee that came with a tropical fruit sauce and baby beignets. It was long past dark by the time we got to dessert so I don’t have any good pictures to show you, but you can check out photos on their website here. Go try this place. I promise you won't be disappointed.

2 comments: