Thursday, November 25, 2010

I'm Your Sous

Thanks to a late night, 3-hour shopping trip yesterday, I believe I am now ready for the most intense baking season of the year. I started hoarding supplies about a week ago and you should too. Why? Because EVERYTHING goes on sale between Thanksgiving and Christmas! I got butter and flour for half price, eggs for 99¢, and everything is super sized!



I also got this Bundt pan. Did you know the Bundt pan is actually trademarked, hence the capital B? And since America’s Test Kitchen told me the best one is made by Nordicware, that’s what I got. It’s currently in the oven with a pumpkin cake in it. My house smells AMAZING but I’m still crossing my fingers for easy removal...


Do you like how I use all caps, all the time? I do. If you feel like I’m yelling at you, I’m not. It’s just for added, across the internet, Jenni effect. Anyway, Lily made her first layer cake last night and her first batch of homemade frosting this morning. Red Velvet was a first for both of us.


I was her sous. I actually don’t know what the title is for the person directly under a pastry chef, but that was me. I prepped ingredients, cleaned as we went, and offered advice when Lily didn’t ask for it ;)

Happy Thanksgiving to all and long distance hugs to my loved ones. I am thankful for you today and always. I’ll be your sous any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment