Sunday, June 12, 2011

Who Has Time for Homemade Bread?

Practically no one, or at least that's what I'm pretty sure 99.9% of you would say (and me half the time). I have been sampling new varieties of store bought bread recently. Not new like they've never existed before, but new to me. I decided to forego the papery, never mold versions a long time ago and now look for those that don't contain preservatives, are made right here in Colorado, and are full of whole grains. So far Rudi's Multigrain Oat has come out on top. The texture is similar to my homemade bread and the slices are heavy and thick. So when it's on sale I'll pick up a loaf and skip the bread baking to hike. Peanut butter and banana sandwiches on top of mountains are the BEST :)

1 comment:

  1. You're making me want to dust off the ol' bread maker! :) I am in love with the smell of fresh bread. --KGP

    ReplyDelete