Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Served Hot

Have you ever had a popover? I have, but only twice - 0nce on the morning of Rebecca's wedding and once on the morning of Rebecca's first baby shower. Both were in the Stanfield family’s super cozy Pittsburgh kitchen, sitting around the island counter, heaping real butter and jam onto these lovely, light, steaming puffs of bread. Delicious. Mrs. Stanfield told me they originated hundreds of years ago from Yorkshire Pudding. She’s right, I googled “popovers” and there it was. Luckily my “Pie in the Sky” book has a high altitude recipe for these. I’ll let you know when they work out.



New blog label: Good Eats. Meaning? Excellent tasting things I ate that other people made.

Still on the counter: Mary Mullins bread, Berry Sweet Cornmeal Muffins, Strawberry Pie

No comments:

Post a Comment